Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stopping the Procrastination!

So, I've been meaning to update my blog for a long time. I really have. But every time I think about updating it, I think about how long it's been and how much updating I have to catch up on, so I put it off because I don't really feel like spending that much time writing a blog update. And then more time passes. And then I start thinking again that I really need to update my blog, but then I start thinking about how long it's been since I updated my blog and how much updating I have to catch up on, and so I procrastinate again because I really don't feel like spending that much time writing a blog update.... It's a vicious cycle.

In order to overcome this vicious cycle, I am going to give a short, concise update.

* Last week Thursday I had no classes so I wandered around the Latin Quarter for a while, I visited Shakespeare & Co (a famous English-language bookstore) and St. Sulpice. Both places were very very neat, for very different reasons of course.


* Last week Friday a group of us from Negocia went to the steps in front of Sacre Coeur and drank wine and ate cheese and chocolate, and in general had a very fun evening.


* Last week Saturday we spent the day wandering around the 16th arrondissement and then went to the Montmartre wine festival.


* Last week Sunday a few of us did a self-guided walking tour through the Latin Quarter, which was fun. I've wandered through the area before, but it's nice to have a bit of information and history of what you are looking at and walking through, it makes it more interesting.




* This week was quite busy with classes, but we did manage to go out to celebrate Janina's birthday, which was a lot of fun.


Next week I lucked out with scheduling and don't have classes, so I am leaving tomorrow morning to visit the south of France and a bit of Spain. Hopefully. With all of the train strikes going on in France I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to.

Now that I've caught everything up to date though I can stop the vicious cycle of procrastination, so I will let you all know what happens :)

Lots of love to back home!!

(If you want to see more pictures from any of the things I've mentioned, visit the website my brother made for me at sarah.turkstra.net .... I will be keeping that updated with photos, and have retroactively added all of the photos from the time I arrived in France)

No comments:

Post a Comment