Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day!

I'm here!! After a long day of travel my flight got in at about 8:00am Paris time. The flights were pretty uneventful, I did have a mad dash through the Amsterdam airport to catch my flight to Paris though. My flight there arrived at 6:00am, and my next flight boarded at 6:15 and took off at 6:45. And of course I had to go through customs there and of course I set off the metal detector. Because I didn't set it off in Grand Rapids, so why wouldn't it go off in Amsterdam?

But I digress. I arrived at the Paris airport at 8:00am, took the train downtown to where I am storing my luggage - which by the way, was a five plus block walk down cobblestone streets with two pieces of luggage on wheels - and dropped my luggage off. There were signs for an internet cafe nearby, so I went there to try to find a hostel. It was just a small place, and the owner was so wonderfully kind and actually called the hostels for me on his phone and spoke to them in French for me. So I ended up finding the hostel that I'm at now, it's about two blocks from the Louvre and inexpensive, so it should be a nice place to stay until my apartment is ready!

Other than that I wandered around a bit, went to a small grocery store and got some lunch, and came back to the hostel at 2:00ish to wait for my room to be ready at 2:30pm. Once it was ready I went upstairs and CRASHED. I slept until 10:30pm. Which happens to be the time Andy gets off work in the states, so I went downstairs to Skype with him and update my blog, and here I am! I'm going to go back to bed soon so I can hopefully get my body adjusted to the time here. The hostel serves a free breakfast from 7:15-9:15, so I'm going to get up for that and then figure out my day from there.

I haven't had time to do much of anything yet because I've been so tired (and homesick), but I'm sure it will all get better with time and a bit more sleep. I hope everyone back in the states is doing well! I miss you all!!!

:) Sarah

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy for you! i will live the paris dream through your blog...until I come to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete