Sunday, August 29, 2010

Markets!

Hello once again! It's a bit cold a dreary out, so I'm going to camp out here for a little while longer and keep updating!

Yesterday (Saturday) morning I went to the famous Parisian flea markets at Porte de Clignancourt with a girl from my hostel. This flea market is HUGE. It's the largest flea market in the world, covering over 17 acres. We spent the morning wandered through the never-ending hundreds (probably thousands) of booths and shops filled with everything you could possibly dream of.


Even though I didn't buy anything it was a very fun experience, and I'm sure I'll go back at least once more before I leave.

This morning (Sunday) three girls from my hostel and myself went to the open-air market near Bastille...


...and it was amazing. Booth after booth after booth filled with all of the fresh food you could imagine. Fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, spices, cheeses, breads, olives, wines....


It is a food lover's dream! There is also the occasional stand with already prepared food ready to eat, so we got seafood paella and ate it at the market, it was delicious!


All in all it was a fun couple of days wandering through markets and making new friends with the girls from my hostel.

Lots of love to back home!!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Market looks incredible! Looks like you are having a blast.
    Enjoy!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete