Monday, September 13, 2010

Berlin, Day 3 (Saturday, Sept 11)

I started my third day in Berlin by going to the Pergamon Museum. This museum (to steal a description from Wikipedia because they are a bit more eloquent and concise than me) "houses original-sized, reconstructed monumental buildings such as the Pergamon Alter, the Market Gate of Miletus, all consisting of parts transported from Turkey." It was incredibly fascinating, and the pieces were very impressive.


After spending quite a bit more time at the museum then I thought I was going to, I went for a walk through the Tiergarten park.


I then finished up my day by going to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. It was badly damaged by bombing during World War 2, and now is a memorial hall.


It was really interesting to see the church in its current condition and to read about the history of the church.

After that I went and found a place to eat and had an absolutely fantastic meal, though I'm not completely sure what I ate... The bartender didn't really speak English and the menu was only German. It was delicious though!

No comments:

Post a Comment